Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Revlon Girly swatched - jelly glitter for posh and lazy

Indeed, if you read my post about pink sandwich manicure, some might have thought that layering looked like too much trouble to go through.
Here it is, the ultimate dream of any lazy fashionista - Revlon Girly: a warm tone creamy pink jelly base + periwinkle blue, magenta, copper glitter, that does it all in 1.. well.. let's see how many swipes;))

jelly pink glitter debora lippmann dupe
So, as usually happens with jelly based glitters, they are sheer, but they have more dimension, since glitter is not all on the surface, it is suspended in a three dimensional way in the semi-transparent base.

I love this effect, and did recreate it with nail polishes from my stach already.
Now Revlon Girly (260) promisses to allow us to skip all the extra steps!
 If you would like to see, how Revlon Girly works with 3 coats by itself, check these swatches by LaceandLacquers here, or NouveauCheap here
I quickly figured out, GIRLY would not look as vivid and beautiful on its own. So I applied 1 medium-thin coat Essie Cascade Cool (cool toned pink). It was streaky a bit, but next 2 coats of Revlon Girly totally masked that.
And here we go:
Even though I used (as always) Sec n Dry top coat by Orly, drying took unusually long: ~ 40 min.
I have a creeping suspicion that it is Revlon nail polishes' fault, because every time I use any of those I have to wait longer. OPI, Orly,China Glaze, Julep - all of these dry fully in ~20 min with a drying top coat (not only to the touch, but I can actually grab things and etc).
The jury is still out, if it is indeed the Revlon nail polishes, or just a set of coincidences of how I applied my manicure. 


The effect and finish are nice, reasonably smooth and shiny. 
Does the choice of the base color matter? 
Not really: check PolishArtAddition swatches with Orly Lollipop as a base, we got almost identical results. Any warm or cool toned pink base will do:)
Did I save a lot of time with Revlon Girly VS sandwich technique?
 well, 10 min maybe. Layering requires some creativity and substantial nail polish library, which for some is like match made in heaven, but for some is unnecessary trouble.
I would say, if you want a trendy, easy jelly 3D glitter fix - go grab Revlon Girly (260) ! It's cheaper than Debora Lippmann and it is as gorgeous!


If you (like me) love playing with nail polishes and have unique colors, this might bore you after the second use :))
I hope it helps somewhat!

Kisses, Maria TwosRuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment