Friday, January 11, 2013

Color Club Port-folio swatches and review

One of rear cases, when looking at the bottle does no justice to how the nail polish looks on the nails.
I'll tell you right now - it is AMAZINGLY posh, dark and complex duo chrome. One of the best non-flaky or shimmery duochromes I've seen coming from main street nail brands.

My fingers might appear too bright orange or red on the pictures. I made these pics on my iphone4, which tends to oversaturate some colors vs the other ones. So I corrected the white balance, so the nail polish color appears as true to reality as possible. But then it screws the skin color, which is a neutral light tone.
I figured you would be more interested in seeing the Nail Polish, than my exact skin tone:))
SSsso, it is a dark muddy purple base, with green glow in the middle and pink-purple glow on the curved edges.




CC Port-folio has no chunky shimmer, flakes or glitter, so the finish is very smooth, and the glow is very elegant and not textured in any way.

Application is typical for Color Club - a bit streaky. The formula is thick, so I would advise to apply medium-thin 1 coat, wait 5-10 minutes, and apply medium-thick 2nd coat - that works the best for me with Color Club nail polishes in general.
But the color is freakin stunning, very vogue!;)

The accent nail in emerald green metallic is Trophy Wife by Essie.
I hope that helps someone to make a right choice!;))

Kisses, Maria "TwosRuse".

P.S.: check out my youtube channel, I've got some much beauty-related vids for you!
http://www.youtube.com/user/twosruse

No comments:

Post a Comment