Thursday, January 17, 2013

Sephora Ultra Vinyl Lip Pencils Swatches

Given the amount of competition we have now in this department and disappointing Sephora product launches in the past, I gotta say, I'm pleasantly surprised!


There were originally 12$ and 5$ on sale right now. The online options are limited, but I saw a whole box of them in the actual Sephora store nearby!
So I got 3 different colors: 04 Coral Glow, 06 Strawberry Delish,  and 08 Sweet Beige.





The consistency is very similar to Revlon lipbutters, just a bit more viscous, and almost exactly the same as Nars lip pencils (I own one in New Lover shade).
Here are some hand swatches for you (my skin tone is regular light):
From top to bottom: Coral Glow, Strawberry Delish, Sweet Beige

From top to bottom: Coral Glow, Strawberry Delish, Sweet Beige

From top to bottom: Coral Glow, Strawberry Delish, Sweet Beige
I'm post more in depth reviews for each with lip swatches in a bit and link them here, here, and here.
But all in all,  these are excellent product! I would easily choose these over Nars Matte lip pencils, in the applications, color payoff and stay on power Sephora Ultra Vinyl Lip pencils are identical to Nars ones!
The only thing, one has to sharpen them, they do not have twist-up mechanism like Tarte Lip Surgeons and Revlon Balm Stains.
By the way, Tarte lipsurgence pencils are also very similar to these, but Lipseugence have the benefit of nice sweet mint smell, plus that twist-up mechanism, plus they claim to leave a staining effect (i haven't notice any, to be frank).
Unless you prefer Revlon LipButters more as a format, I would highly suggest you check Sephora Ultra Vinyl Pencils! they are certainly worth 5$ and even 12$, imho :)
I hope that helps someone!

Kisses, Maria TwosRuse.







No comments:

Post a Comment